Wednesday, October 27, 2010

eLearning - Introducing Yourself

I´ve taken many online courses, and it strikes me that it is always the same old tell-me-something-about-you kind of forum. There are so many interesting ways to get started with a group online that I couldn´t possibly list it here. There is video, voicethread, slideshare,a blog post, intriguing questions, among others.

However, I want to share one with you that I thought worked nicely and it also gives a sense of online presence. You seem to be there, a real presence to your e-learners. When we are in an online setting, that´s what matters, connecting, being there to begin with.

What do you think? Is it an effective introduction? How would you make it different? How would you introduce yourself in an online course?

2 comments:

  1. I think that this is a great way to present yourself. I like your focus on the multifaceted person. When I introduced myself to teachers at the beginning of the school year, I used glogster. I haven't used it in an online course. The problem that I have with the platform that my online course uses is that it won't allow embedding of web2.0 apps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Damianne,

    I´m glad you liked it, Damianne! I´ve used Glogster with this same purpose like you did. Plus, I´ve used it to wrap up weekly assignments and to encourage students´ participation. It was fantastic!
    Even if you can´t embed it, you can just add a link to it for students. Another trick is to have a screenshot (image) of your glogster and link it to the real one. It works! Let me know if you need help.

    ReplyDelete

Conversations are sparklers for deepening thoughts and maturing ideas. Share, connect, leave a comment. I'd love to hear from you. To follow up on the comments here, click on the "subscribe via email" below the comment box, on the right.